We’re always on the lookout for talent that matches our values. If you have a creative mind, a passion for air and engineering, and believe in furthering client reputations, you’ll probably thrive on our team. Our openings are listed below.
Job Title: HVAC Service Technician – Lake Oswego
Reports To: Vice President
Compensation Type: Hourly – DOE
Prepared Date: July 2017
The Service Tech performs initial start-up, warranty service and maintenance on HVAC equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for initial start-up of HVAC equipment (For Example: Water Chillers, Air Handlers, Packaged DX Rooftop Units, Variable Frequency Drives, Humidifiers, VRV Systems & DX Split Systems).
- Performs electrical and mechanical inspection on HVAC equipment to ensure peak performance.
- Performs specific preventative maintenance including adjustments, lubrication and cleaning of equipment components.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical, refrigerant and air side systems and components.
- Ability to interpret engineering system drawings, wiring diagrams, operation manuals and installation/maintenance manuals.
- Advise owner/representative of preventive maintenance measures and corrective actions to be taken.
- Perform owner training and instruction on equipment operation and maintenance.
- Submit required start-up & warranty paperwork in a timely manner.
- Safety is a priority – Must work in a safe manner on a daily basis and ensure that all safety measures are taken at all times.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle in a safe manner.
- Ability to attend factory service training courses for Air Reps products.
- Work schedule includes Monday thru Friday & the flexibility to occasionally work overtime & weekends as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
EPA refrigerant license
NATE Certified (Desired)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Computer skills required to operate factory diagnostic and commissioning programs.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The information described below represents the physical activities and surroundings one may encounter when performing the duties of this position.
Physical Demands: To perform the job, the employee is regularly required to use power tools, diagnostic tools & laptop computer with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is continually required to climb (ladders) or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Environmental Conditions: The work is typically performed in field environment with visits to multiple customer sites on a daily basis. The ability to work in all weather conditions is a requirement. Work is performed in construction site conditions with running equipment. The noise level is typically moderate and sometimes loud. Hearing protection is often required.